Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Why Did I Start a Ketogenic Diet?

 Why Did I Start a Ketogenic Diet?

The story starts a few years ago when I had eczema on my legs and no matter what I tried, I could not get it to clear up

So the search began.......I started with following a couple of people online however it soon become apparent that low fat was not the way to go

Then my husband had a Stroke so now the solution was urgent

I researched his medication and diet night after night to find the answer

Funnily enough after we had a couple of visits to the doctor, his medication was reduced from 9 tablets per day to 5 and then eventually to 3 (They were "experimenting" to see what suited)

Then I discovered juicing and followed this for a couple of years, however my blood pressure was 'sky high' (I now know I was having too much sugar from the fruit) 

Finally I went to a herbalist who suggested a low carb diet and explained the health benefits, I have followed this ever since off and on, eczema gone, blood pressure normal

I have done a lot of research regarding the Ketogenic way of eating (WOE) and it's amazing what I am learning, definitely the one for me

Alison